Saturday, December 20, 2014

Masonic Hams (Radio, not Pork)

In my previous post, I highlighted my trip to the fall meeting of Iowa Research Lodge #2.  I edited out the details of my visit to National Cigar Store, but you wouldn't know that.  Check them out if you're a cigar buff though, the place has a very nice selection and John is very knowledgeable. 

Anyway, I happened to be browsing the Masonic blogs at Aslar to Ashes and saw that another brother had also been there.  Clicking on over and browsing his site, I noticed another commonality - we both have ham radio licenses.  Imagine my surprise!  Finding a fellow Mason in the wild is rare enough, but one who is also one of the remaining 700,000 ham radio licensees in America?  What are the odds?  (Metaphorically speaking of course.  I know the chances are pretty slim.)

Perhaps I'll have to dust off the Icom and check into the Masonic Gathering Net sometime.  It's nice to find friends whom one has more than one thing in common with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To ensure a rational, intelligent discussion, all comments are moderated. They will typically appear soon after your submission. Thank you.