Thursday, January 8, 2015

Being Installed as Jr Deacon Tonight!

Tonight I will begin my journey through the chairs, starting to the right of the Senior Warden.  I've been practicing since I had a suspicion it would happen.  I'm the new guy and we only average one new member a year, so it stands to reason it would be my turn.  Given the progression pattern in our lodge, that would put me in the East in four years.  Should I start planning now?  Ha.

All kidding aside, I'm looking forward to the role this year.  I've also been asked to serve on the visitation and finance committees.  In a small lodge such as ours, this usually doesn't entail much, but it's an honor to be asked none the less.

I also get the joy of welcoming Grand Lodge next month.  Quite nerve-wracking to be doing so less than a year after being raised.  I'm up for the challenge however!  You can't grow if you don't step up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To ensure a rational, intelligent discussion, all comments are moderated. They will typically appear soon after your submission. Thank you.