Thursday, May 26, 2016

I've been insanely busy lately. Please excuse the lack of posts.


Quick update, for those who enjoy reading about my exploits.  I'm currently serving as Junior Warden of Jackson Lodge #42, Excellent High Priest of Monroe Chapter #125, (Something I can't remember) in Triad Council #46, and Junior Warden of Zerubbabel Commandry #69.  I'm also wedged into some other stuff that's equally time-consuming.  Busy busy busy.

On top of that, both my Blue Lodge and York Rite lodges have candidates coming through.  At the same time.  My Blue Lodge hasn't had a candidate since I joined two years ago.  And now there's a guy joining at the same time the York Rite lodge is running a guy through it's nine degrees.  I never expected that to happen.  That's blue-moon levels of rarity around here.  Not that I'm complaining by any stretch, however.

It's a good problem to have though, particularly in this day and age.  Learning all the Senior Deacon parts for Chapter while trying to brush up on Hiram in Council, all while hardly being home of an evening due to Lodge, baseball, and other commitments, is stressful to say the least.  But it's worth it to see new Brothers join and advance in the Craft and it's teaching.  It'd just be nice if it didn't all happen at once.

At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old Past Master, which would be hard since I'm neither old, nor a Past Master*, I sincerely do hope these new guys learn the work and help out.  It's rough when the same group of six to seven guys has to put on every single degree.

*In the "I used to be WM" sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To ensure a rational, intelligent discussion, all comments are moderated. They will typically appear soon after your submission. Thank you.